What I want and what I need

Are not necessarily the same

I want the peace of a quiet mind

And a becalmed soul

But where then life? Where then

Adventure and romance?


Therefore, do not wrap me in comforting arms

Or speak to me with soothing words

But drive me with whips

Flog me with the scourge

And chase me from all my safe places

With a goad, sharp and terrifying


I will not spend my life hiding

In the safety of warmth and friendship

The good things in life are fears

Terrors, hauntings, and hurts

Good things are guarded by dragons

Terrible and fierce


If we want them we must fight for them

If we want them we must hurt

1 comments:

Oooh, poetry! Nice.
Also, comments seem to be working!

Post a Comment

About this blog

You should look at the first post.

But if I must sum up? This blog is for the joy of writing.